James Appleton’s Murder Mystery | Where is Grant Hardin Now

Investigation discoveries “Shattered: Do You Hear the Voice I’m Using?’ dives into a real-life crime case that was so confusing that none of the people who were close to the investigation believed it until the evidence was too overwhelming to ignore. From how a savage criminal has managed to lead two lives for decades until his demise, This episode reveals through the shocking death of James Appleton. We’ve got you covered if you’re looking to learn the specifics of the murder and its devastating consequences.

How Did James Appleton Die?

Born on November 14, 1957, in Merriam, Kansas, James Lee Appleton was the sweet, bright, and loving child of Jack and Gwen (Gunnels) Appleton. After graduating from Southwest High School in 1975, He worked for 27 years with Emerson Electric as a Supervisor before a further 12 years as a carpenter. In the decade of 2010, however, James got an appointment with the Gateway Rural Water Authority and was able to serve Arkansas city, which would become his new home. This was when he lost all his possessions in the flash of an eye.

On February 23, 2017, the 59-year-old city worker was in his vehicle, talking to his brother-in-law via the phone, when a vehicle was parked beside him. Based on the reports of witnesses, a single man hit the trigger upon James in the glass of their cars and then sped off. When the first emergency personnel arrived on the scene but it was too late. James was dead from the single gun wound directly towards his face. This was the beginning of the investigations into his murder, which was cold-blooded.

Also, read Hidrent Shark Tank Update | Where Is Hidrent Now

Who Killed James Appleton?

Through the testimony of witnesses, The name was soon brought to light. However, it caused some skepticism due to how well-known the man was in the public eye. Grant Hardin was identified as the attacker, with his work history rendering it to be almost impossible. For one thing, he was an officer of Benton County, a police officer in Fayetteville, Huntsville, and Eureka Springs, and was also the Head of the Police Department of Gateway. Additionally, when he was arrested, being arrested, Grant had been employed by his work at the Northwest Arkansas Community Correction Center.

In addition to the testimony, The other important aspect against Grant was his wife confessed that she believed Grant was away working in the backyard when he committed the incident. In simpler terms, there was no evidence to support his justification. That’s why, on the evening of October 16, 2017, at the age of 48, the ex-law enforcement officer pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. He refused to divulge his motives. However, there is speculation that he may have met James because of their work at some point, which led to the seemingly innocuous murder.

Where is Grant Hardin Now?

While Grant Hardin was standing in court to confront what he had done, the judge frequently asked him to address his victim’s family members to help alleviate their suffering. But he simply said, “I don’t know how to say it, but I’m sorry.” This is how he was handed an incredibly light sentence of 30 years in prison after the confessional act. Then it was discovered that Grant had physically assaulted the teacher at an elementary school in November 1997. At the time, Grant was just 28 and was working for the force police.

In the initial complaint, the attacker carried a gun when she pushed him over in the teacher’s lounge on that dark day at school. He was dressed in glasses and a stocking cap, but he was not wearing shoes and was extremely cautious to avoid touching any surface. He also made sure that he covered her face while performing the incident. This particular action made the authorities believe that there was an individual who knew how police handled such cases. However, Grant had ejacul*ted, which is why DNA was able to link Grant to the incident.

Also, read Where is Radha Hirsch Now | Every Update!

In February 2019, Grant Matthew Hardin admitted guilt to two counts of rape. The sentence was 25 years in prison on each of the counts of rape, meaning that the total sentence was 30 years in jail to 30 plus 50 years. Following his plea bargain, the sentence is for 21 years (out of a 30-year sentence) for murder and the additional 14 years (7 each) for assault before he’ll be considered for parole. Thus, today, in his 50s, he’s being held in the lowest to medium-security North Central Unit in Calico Rock, Arkansas.

Leave a Comment